Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slim xbox 360 noise

2 posters

Go down

Slim xbox 360 noise Empty Slim xbox 360 noise

Post by TheLaw Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:52 am

I have played halo reach since launch and have only noticed this noise yesterday 5 mins before the preview program came online and forced an update. At first I thought it may have been the update which caused the noise but after much searching/reading on the internet, it is coincidence.

Here is a youtube video of another guy with the same issue

http://xboxrepairexperts.com/2010/08/xbox-360-slim-strange-noise/

I only ever have my 360 horizontal and always install my games to hdd, however the problem is that the noise is only there while on the dash - weird.

tested a few of my games last night and I only get the noise when the halo:reach game disk is in the console and I am on the dash. Didn't happen with bioshock 2 or gears 2 before or after installing them to hdd.

Anyone else there with a slim 360, getting a low chugging noise/slight vibration on some game disks?

Odd, this does not affect gameplay or mark the disk in any way. I dont think its the drive making the noise but something to do with the way the xbox fits together and one of the covers is vibrating lightly.
Fuck it anyway - i dont want to have to bring it back - I think I will crack it open and fix it over the weekend
TheLaw
TheLaw
Dry Bones

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Slim xbox 360 noise Empty Re: Slim xbox 360 noise

Post by Quadnike Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:53 am

Im not having it :S

Quadnike
Dry Bones

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down