Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3DS Official Discussion Thread

+4
Yggdrasill
dooley
VampiricPadraig
SilentHunter
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

3DS Official Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 3DS Official Discussion Thread

Post by Yggdrasill Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:04 am

Mine arrived today as well. Love the look of the booklet.
Yggdrasill
Yggdrasill
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

3DS Official Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 3DS Official Discussion Thread

Post by SilentHunter Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:53 am

Mine arrived today aswell. I find the box art to be a little bland though I like the look of the CD though.
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLaw Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:45 am

A nice little collectors piece - the price was right, eh?
TheLaw
TheLaw
Dry Bones

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLaw Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:52 pm

Whats all is about 20 free downloadable games

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/systems/nintendo_3ds_ambassador_programme_44250.html?at=mail&mailname=General_August_2011

Anyone here sign up to this? I dont think i did as i would remember 20 free games
TheLaw
TheLaw
Dry Bones

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Yggdrasill Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:02 pm

TheLaw wrote:Whats all this about 20 free downloadable games?

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/systems/nintendo_3ds_ambassador_programme_44250.html?at=mail&mailname=General_August_2011

Anyone here sign up to this? I dont think I did as I would remember 20 free games

You don't sign up for it really. You just had to have used the e-shop at some point before the price drop. Then you get 10 free NES games in September and 10 free GBA games later on this year.
Yggdrasill
Yggdrasill
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by namesRhard Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:09 pm

I'm thinking of getting a 3DS again (when I get some money that is) but the whole region locking is fucking me over. I'm thinking I might be in Japan again next year, so if I buy it here I've only got a year to buy games, and if I buy it there I'll only be able to play them in Japanese... Anybody know if there's a work around to the region lock?

And if not, would I be better off gameswise getting one now or waiting? Embarassed
namesRhard
namesRhard
Dry Bones

Wiffy Veteran

http://butidontlikefish.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yggdrasill Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:54 pm

namesRhard wrote:I'm thinking of getting a 3DS again (when I get some money that is) but the whole region locking is fucking me over. I'm thinking I might be in Japan again next year, so if I buy it here I've only got a year to buy games, and if I buy it there I'll only be able to play them in Japanese... Anybody know if there's a work around to the region lock?

And if not, would I be better off gameswise getting one now or waiting? Embarassed

No way at the moment.

I'd say wait. There isn't a single game worth buying the system for right now.
Yggdrasill
Yggdrasill
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:28 pm

I agree with yggy. The best game for the system is a 13 year old remake. Wait till Christmas when there is better games out.
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLaw Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:31 pm

I also agree with ygg, mario 3D iseout before christmas etc

unless you plan to spend alot of the next 18 months in Japan I would recommend buying and Irish/Pal model, Unless there is a japanese only title you really really want. just my 2 cents.

Also, I know this is a Nintendo site, kinda, but dont rule out the Ps Vita, the potential of the hardware is unreal, I just hope developers utilise all the different input methods the way the ds was originally and not just resigned to PS3 portable spin offs.
TheLaw
TheLaw
Dry Bones

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Yggdrasill Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:48 pm

Yeah if I was only going to get one it would be the Vita. The Vita launch line-up looks much better than the 3ds:
LittleBigPlanet, ModNation Racers, WipeOut 2048, Ruin(its like Diablo or Torchlight and has cross platform play with the PS3) and Uncharted: Golden Abyss. They are the only ones I can remember but I think there are more.
Only problem is that its not out here till March 2012. Its out in Japan in November though.
Yggdrasill
Yggdrasill
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLaw Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:08 pm

Yggdrasill wrote:Only problem is that its not out here till March 2012.

Feck it, I thought they were going for a US/Europe Christmas release - serious money gonna be lost as the 3DS will clean up with no real competitor at Christmas
TheLaw
TheLaw
Dry Bones

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Yggdrasill Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:31 pm

TheLaw wrote:

Feck it, I thought they were going for a US/Europe Christmas release - serious money gonna be lost as the 3DS will clean up with no real competitor at Christmas

Sony said its not releasing here or in the US because of earthquake in Japan: http://www.gamerzines.com/psp/news/vita-japan-earthquake-impact.html
Yggdrasill
Yggdrasill
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Yggdrasill Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:21 am

There are videos of the launch titles here: http://www.watchvideogames.com/playstation-vita-games-launch-lineup-with-videos/
Yggdrasill
Yggdrasill
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by namesRhard Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Nothing solid yet, but I might be back in Japan next August for a year, so it's kind of touch and go... I could always just order Pal games online.

As for the Vita, I haven't been following it but I'd say the 3DS is cheaper after the price drop and that's a bit of a selling point for me. Razz
namesRhard
namesRhard
Dry Bones

Wiffy Veteran

http://butidontlikefish.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yggdrasill Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:58 pm

I also forgot to mention that the vita is region free. Just in case thats relevant.
Yggdrasill
Yggdrasill
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Yggdrasill Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:16 am

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441994
Rumor: 3DS to get right analog stick dongle, relaunch next year with new name

3DS Official Discussion Thread - Page 2 Reggie_not_my_prbds1
Yggdrasill
Yggdrasill
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:23 am

These are the 10 nes games that are being released in japan.

Super Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda
Ice Climber
Balloon Fight
Donkey Kong Jr.
Wrecking Crew
NES Open Tournament Golf (called Mario Open Golf in Japan)
Yoshi (known as Yoshi's Egg in Japan)
Metroid
Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

For me I would be very happy if this was the same games for us.
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2